smbfs causes reproducable lockup

From: Jurjen Oskam (jurjen@stupendous.org)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 12:15:38 EST

Hi everyone,

I'm using kernel 2.2.14 on an AMD K6-II-400 machine.

The mounting of a WinNT4 (or Win2000) share with smbfs succeeds.
(smbfs is compiled as a module, btw) However, when I do an ls of the
mounted share, a hard lockup occurs --> nothing works, nothing in the
logs or on screen, virtual consoles won't switch, machine doesn't
respond to pings anymore. A press on the reset button is needed. :-(

The ls command produces the correct output just before the machine
locks up. It seems like the lockup occurs just before the prompt
normally returns. I tried an "echo *" in the mounted share after
rebooting, and that resulted in an immediate lockup.

When more info is needed I'd be happy to supply it.

--
    Jurjen Oskam * ICQ 11573303 * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key
assassinate nuclear iraq clinton kill bomb USA eta ira cia fbi nsa kill