Re: Endless overcommit memory thread.

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 20:59:02 EST

> So...scenario...suppose we have a Compartmented Mode Computer that
> enforces Mandatory Access. Users who log in don't know about each other and

Firstly you need to look up what compartmented mode implies. You cannot do
a single fixed memory pool on a compartmented mode system or processes can
signal across the security boundary using out of memory as indications.

You have to have some per security level swap pools or randomising (and the
per security swap pool is more effective anyway) since it stops people slapping
a viterbi codec across the memory signalling and laughing at your randomised
errors.

Alan