/proc fs bug?

From: Nicholas Leippe (nickl@mycomputer.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 13:37:55 EST

I've noticed some odd (and annoying) behavior within the last week.
I first noticed it with 2.3.49, then again with 2.3.99pre3.
When I first boot it runs fine, but then after a while (not sure
how long) ps, qps, procinfo, kill [processname] all hang.
I can still ls dirs in /proc, but if I attempt to ls certain process
entries in /proc it will hang. I'm not sure where the bug lies
but thought I'd share it. (by hang I mean that ls hangs and ties up
the shell - I have to kill the xterm with alt-f4 or go to another
vc to work.)

Nick

(please cc since I'm not on the list yet)

--
Nobody will ever need more than 640 kB RAM.
                -- Bill Gates, 1983