RE: The 2.3.x Job List (Updated)

From: Jones D (ISaCS) (djones2@glam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 04:30:02 EST

> Audit all char and block drivers to ensure they are safe with the 2.3
> locking - a lot of them are not especially on the open() path.

I'll take a look at some of this tonight.

> To Do But Non Showstopper
> -------------------------
> PIII FXSAVE/FXRESTORE support

I thought patches for this already existed?
On a similar note, I've some more Winchip/3dnow! patches
at home someplace, They're trivial, and should be included,
as the performance gain is more than worth it (I posted
benchmarks and info about this about 2 months back).

> Probably Post 2.4
> -----------------
> AFFS fixups
>
> To Check
> --------
> AFFS doesn't work on current page cache

I'm taking a look at AFFS atm. I'm not promising I'll get it working,
this is my first attempt at hacking fs code. Your 'Post 2.4' estimate
may turn out to be correct unless I'm closer with my current attempt
than I think. Once I figure out why & where the 64bit div/mul's are
coming from tonight, it should be ready for testing.

regards,

Dave.