[RFT/PATCH] Re: Sound problem after suspend. Kernel version 2.3.99-pre3

From: Aki M Laukkanen (amlaukka@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 07:45:02 EST

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, HvR wrote:
> the gpm killing is really necessary without this the
> sound module will not unload!!!

Really? That seems odd.

> > With kernel version 2.3.99-pre3 sound words until I
> > suspend my Toshiba
> > Satellite Pro 445CDX, but after resuming it will
> > produce no sound.
> > This problem came in with the sound clean-ups after
> > version 2.3.49.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 220CS laptop which has a OPL3-SA1 sound
chip. However I've never gotten the opl3sa1 driver to recognise it as such
so I've used the bare ad1848 (MS Sound System) driver instead. Unlike in
the case above I've never had working sound after suspend.

This is an experimental patch which fixes the suspend problem for me and
I'd appreciate if people would test it.