Re: one packet per sk_buff?

From: Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 03:56:04 EST

>>>>> "Noah" == Noah Romer <noah.romer@lsil.com> writes:

Noah> After digging through skbuff.[ch] (and possibly other files that
Noah> now elude me), it seems to me that the kernel expects to find
Noah> precisely one (complete) packet per each sk_buff struct that's
Noah> passed up to it by a driver. Is that correct? Just trying to
Noah> make sure, as it has certain implications for a driver I'm
Noah> writing (for 2.3 kernels).

Thats how it works currently. Long term we want to be able to stick a
kiobuf into an skb and do fancy tricks with hardware that will
do scatter/gather DMA for things like zero copy transmits etc.

However this is 2.5 stuff.

Jes