Re: NWFS Source Code Posted at 207.109.151.240

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 05:55:28 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

> > This is implemented the same way it is in the FAT and NCPFS file
> > systems. How do they write the data back when changed?
>
> I don't know. Unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible)
> they don't sync.
> Have you tested shared mappings to be functional ?

No, I have not. This could possibly mean that the other FS's are
incorrect as well. Please feel free to map out a skeleton vma_sync
function (or point me down the road and I'll go look somewhere for the
stuff) and send to me, and I'll integrate it. I'd love for some SUSE
guys to be involved in the NWFS project.

By the way, Larry Angus (Our operations VP) won't use Open Linux, and
occasionally uses RedHat Linux, but my entire lab is filled with SUSE
linux (and I have the bills to prove it). Our VP of engineering has
rated your distribution the best overall for all of our testing, and
it's what we use as a baseline platform. FYI. I use RedHat and Open
Linux (we test with Open Linux as well, but it's not the most prevelant
here).

:-)

Jeff