open files per process - 2.3.99pre3

From: Christopher Zimmerman (zim@av.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 15:45:15 EST

    I need to increase the open files per process from 1024 to 32768.
However, it seems that if I change the INR_OPEN value in
include/linux/fs.h I break a number of important user side utils. Is
the only fix for this to recompile those utils?

    I guess I could use ulimit to increase the # of open files per
process but that doesn't seem to be as clean a solution.

Christopher Zimmerman
Alta Vista Co.
Index Build Team
zim@av.com