VGER's lists had partial delivery stop today..

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 15:09:05 EST

I was away from computers for a day, and naturally the MTA at
nic.funet.fi crashed partially (one subsystem of it) right
after I went out of the door..

As FUNET distributes considerable part of VGER's list recipients,
which has now caused me to get many questions of "why no list
traffic today" ?

I just got back to home (and net) and got it back to running.
Majority of message recipients in the queue were sent out within
first 15 minutes. (I mean like 300 000 sent, 2 000 remaining)

Now I have heaps of email to wade thru, plus core file from
that MTA subsystem..

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>