Re: AFFS fixes v1

From: Nicholai Benalal (nicholai@chello.se)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 20:12:16 EST

Hello Dave

Den 31-Mar-00, skrev Dave Jones:

DJ> On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:
DJ>
DJ>> The bottom line: AFFS design is a festering pile of dung
DJ>
DJ> Which is probably why someone came along and wrote PFS
DJ> (Professional File System) for it, and made a whole load of
DJ> money from it.
DJ>
DJ> Anyone know if any tech-documentation on this exists?
DJ> That may be an interesting filesystem to hack on when I'm
DJ> done with AFFS..

I don't know of any technical documentation at all for PFS3.
Smart File System (SFS) on the other hand is a free (as in beer) filesystem
with good technical documentation. It has gained ground in the amiga
community lately.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hjohn/SFS.

A PFS3 or an SFS driver for Linux would be really cool. I've thought of it
myself but I didn't think I would be able to write it on my own.

Regards

Nicholai