Re: BTTV locks up X in 2.3.99-pres

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@goldbach.in-berlin.de)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 13:30:53 EST

In lists.linux.kernel, you wrote:
> Sorry for this sketchy bug report, but this I cannot reproduce it,
> no matter what i try. It just happens. Here's the deal - occasionally
> (at least once a day), always while running XawTV, XFree86, and
> Enlightenment, the entire system will just freeze - no hard drive
> activity, nothing updates on the screen,

TV still running? Anything bttv-related activity which might trigger
the lockup (channel switching, window clipping changes, capture image,
...)? box reachable over network? Something in the logs? Something
in the logs with "insmod bttv debug=1" ?

  Gerd

--
Protecting the children is a good way to get a lot of adults who cant
stand up for themselves.		-- seen in some sig on /.