Re: 2.2.15-pre9 IDE IRQ problem

From: Daniel J Blueman (daniel.j.blueman@stud.umist.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 15:12:14 EST

Hi Andrew,

[snip]
> From the sound of it, interrupt sharing won't work in 2.2 and so this
> motherboard won't work with the UDMA drives on the second controller
> channel.
>
> It's not a problem for me personally - I'm using 2.3. But it's a shame
> that the 'production' kernel doesn't support such common hardware.

What about applying Andre Hedrick's 2.2 patches? Do these help at all?
(I'm not sure if they will or not)

Hmm. Both channels on the HPT366 onboard IDE controller share the same IRQ
(11?), but do they share the IRQ with any other PCI devices?

Would you post your '/proc/interrupts' output?

- Dan
Daniel J Blueman
Undergraduate - BSc Computing Science
UMIST university - Manchester