Re: Music CD's

From: Mike Porter (mike@UDel.Edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 08:09:51 EST

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, David Elliott wrote:
> By far, the best thing to do is keep this crap OUT of the kernel. The
> cdparanoia program can do just about anything you want, and NEVER pops or
> skips even on shitty drives. If you are making MP3s of CDs I strongly
> suggest that you use cdparanoia and a good encoder.
>
> -Dave

grip is a nice program that brings together cdparanoia and
bladeenc, or whatever rippers and encoders you want to use into a
nice graphical front end. grip can start multiple encoders for
those with more than one processor... On my dual PIII/500 system,
ripping usually finishes about 10 minutes before the encoders get
done.

Mike