Re: shm: general confusion

From: Grendel (grendel@vip.net.pl)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 09:10:21 EST

** On Apr 04, David S. Miller scribbled:
> From: Christoph Rohland <hans-christoph.rohland@sap.com>
> Date: 04 Apr 2000 09:23:52 +0200
>
> There is still one bug in 2.3.99-pre4 known to me, where shmids
> will not be removed erroneously. I am working on this.
>
> I'm getting SMP lockups when starting a GNOME X session
> with the shm changes which went into pre4-3.
I don't know whether it is related to shm, but XFree86 4.0 hangs when
started under pre4-3 - previously it used to work ok. From the logs it seems
like it happens at some point when reading the DDC data from the monitor
(btw. I'm also using GNOME, but that's on an UP system).

marek