Re: /proc/net permissions

From: Nicholas Dronen (ndronen@frii.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 09:39:35 EST

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 08:02:01AM +0200, Frank v Waveren wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 07:07:06PM -0600, Nicholas Dronen wrote:
> > One funny thing I noticed is that the permissions on /proc/net
> > stay as they are chmodded until your shells cwd no longer includes
> > /proc/net.
>
> K, fun. Have you tried compiling leaving the seperate patches out? That way
> you could find out which part causes it.

I haven't had a problem with permissions on /proc/net myself.
A friend of mine had the same problem on 2.2.x using Linux Mandrake
as was described in another post (mode of /proc/net would revert
to 550 or something equally needlessly restrictive). I do find
it odd that /proc/net is chmoddable, though. :)

| When you really look for me, you will see me instantly -- |
| you will find me in the tiniest house of time. |
| - Kabir |