Re: Music CD's

From: Douglas Kilpatrick (dougk@tislabs.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 17:44:25 EST

> I am strongly against bloating the kernel with code like CD-Paranoia
> or even with code providing hooks for error correction. Someone

So just allow User-space programs to easily export file systems. Then the
sysadmin can plug in the "cdparanoiafs" daemon if he wants to.

The key word is easily. I think someone has hacked the Coda daemon
interface to allow similar things: A better documented interface for this
purpose should do the trick.

Just because "Foo doesn't belong in the kernel" doesn't mean "Foo doesn't
belong in the global namespace."

Doug "thinks '
        mount -t user -o cdparanoiafs /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
        for i in /mnt/cdrom/*.wav
        do
                bladeenc $i ~/foo_$i.mp3
        done