Re: Accessing ISA board memory

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 17:53:39 EST

Richard Zidlicky wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 05:08:22PM +0200, michel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using a Redhat 6.1 kernel (2.2.12-20), and a ISA board with memory from
> > 0xe00000 to 0x1000000.
> > I'm writing a driver to this particular board and I'm not able to access to its
> > memory.
> > A similar driver already work on the same PC with Lynx OS, so it is not a
> > question of hardware compatibility.
> >
> > I try to use adresses 0xc0e00000 to 0xc1000000 directly in my module, but it
> > dosen't work.
>
> use isa_{read,write}

isa_xxx is more a tool for easing the transition to newer kernels.
Ideally ioremap and read/write[bwl] should be used instead, especially
if you are writing a driver from scratch...

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a