Re: Shmem filesystem? DevFS? Why.

From: Bill Maidment (bill.maidment@elgas.com.au)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 21:49:14 EST

At 12:09 pm 5/04/00, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

>P.S. Can we at least *please* chance all occurances of "disc" to "disk"
>in the publically visible devfs namespace? The kernel uses American
>english everywhere else, and having a mixture of British and American
>english is just going to cause massive confusion.

The massive confusion has arisen from American abuse of English. While
we're at it why don't we revert back to true English everywhere. After all
Micro$oft has been found guilty of misusing their monopoly. It's about time
the USA realises it has done exactly the same.

You're only jealous because the little penguins are talking to me.