Release 0.2 of ST protocol support

From: Aman Singla (aman@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:11:46 EST

Hi-

I'd like to announce the release 0.2 alpha for the ST protocol
support in Linux. Besides some clean up and bug-fixes, this
release incorporates limited "native" STP support on Gigabit
Ethernet NIC (Alteon's Tigon-2 based NIC supported by the acenic
driver). This support is in the form of modifications to the
NIC firmware (thanks to Todd Pisek - trp@sgi.com); the acenic
driver has been separately modified to make use of these
enhancements. The firmware enhancements are prototypical at
best and are limited to the receive side functionality only; but
they do show off some of the advantages of using STP, and can
be considered a reasonable starting point for some initial
application development work.

More information, code etc. can be found at:
        http://oss.sgi.com/projects/stp

Send me email, in case you have problems getting to or using any
of the stuff.

thanks,

Aman Singla
MTS, SGI