Question on MAJOR.H

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 13:12:23 EST

I noticed that compaq has special device entries in MAJOR.H for their
controllers. Should probably scan for these devices for NWFS, as well
as the additional SCSI and IDE support in 2.4. What are the minor
device assignments supposed to be for the compaq major devices, and what
is their anticipated /dev/??? names supposed to be. For the tools to
work on Compaq smart controllers, and machines with more than 16 SCSI
devices, I would need to know these assignments from both kernel and
user space so folks can create NetWare volumes on these devices.

Also noticed DASD Major and MDISK major entries. What are the allowed
minor device numbers for these devices and their symbolic /dev/???
handles anticipated to be.

Thanks,

Jeff