Re: Mylex AcceleRAID 250 dropped dead [2.2.14]

From: Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 17:49:07 EST

  Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 12:27:39 -0300 (EST)
  From: Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@radiumsystems.com.br>

  I'm trying to reflash the controller roms ATM and wondering what went
  wrong. I've been sitting here for a couple of hours with no sleep. :-) If
  this works, I'm starting to believe the firmware has been corrupted. Is
  this head of at all?

  Does this smell the most of hardware or software? Can the nfsv3 patches be
  so evil? Is driver 2.2.5 silently corrupting board firmware?

  Any help is dearly appreciated. This should have been over a week ago, but
  I'm still here!

This certainly sounds like a hardware problem of some variety. The driver
never issues any commands which would modify the controller firmware.

                Leonard