Re: Music CD's

From: willy@thepuffingroup.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 03:25:18 EST

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 08:30:06PM -0400, allbery@kf8nh.apk.net wrote:
> | Perl file system ? I think I want to be ill
> That would be InterMezzo, which (as I understand it) uses the Coda
> kernel hooks but is otherwise written in Perl.
>
> http://inter-mezzo.org

No, this is not the case. The Intermezzo server happens to be written in
Perl right now for the ease of prototyping. Intermezzo is a filesystem in
its own right which is only related to coda in the `inspired by' sense.
Oh, and it shares (at least) one person with the coda implmentation.
The right way to think of it is that Intermezzo is trying to be a
production-quality filesystem whereas coda is targetted towards research
in the distributed filesystem area.