Specialix Multiport Serial Card !!!!!

From: pmathews@SoftHome.net
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 04:00:42 EST

Guys i was in this list. But due to some reason i have unsubscribed form
the list. Please help me out !!!

I have Red Hat 6.1 linux installed in my system.
I want to install the Specialix Multiport serial card.
Specification as follows:

SX Specialix 32 port pci card with concentrators !!1

I have done the following things but all in vain.

1. Downloaded all the stuff from PERLE site, compiled and installed.

2. Downloaded SX_FIRMWARE from bitwizard.nl and configured exactly as per
sx.txt and sx-instl-instr.txt

Currenet Status:

PCI card detected by the system with IRQ 9 and IO Address 0x7080.

But sx_firmware does not detect the device /dev/specialix_cntl created with
major 10 and minor 167.

All other tinkering did not help. I have paid for the card and i am really
stuck. There is no support for linux from the dealer.

Thanks in advance

PAM