Problem with EEPro driver in 2.3.99pre4-5

From: Ben Kosse (bkosse@iname.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 18:13:39 EST

In 2.3.99pre4-5, the EEPro driver seems to have gone to the dogs. I noticed
the problem when ypbind wouldn't find the YP domain. So, I logged in and did
ifdown eth0
ifup eth0
ping caren

Well, the first 30-odd packets were dropped, repeated, and otherwise failed
miserably. Around packet 35 or so, it started being reliable, if
incredibly slow (200ms per packet minimum on a 100Mbit hub network that
gives 0.1 ms on 2.2.14) except every 5th-10th packet would get dropped.

I have no idea where to go with this, but if someone knows where I should
start looking/what kind of logs (and how to make them) would help, I'd
appreciate it.

I'm not subscribed to L-K, so if you could CC I'd appreciate it (though I do
read archives).

--
Ben Kosse <bkosse@iname.com>