Re: FW: press release - new network driver architecture

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 05:16:38 EST

> compiling the 4-front intermediate layer. That was quite a hassle, and
> it managed to fail in so many ways, that I do NOT expect anybody to
> write a foolproof script that will manage to compile a kernel module
> in all cases.

This is entirely the fault of the module-unfriendly kernel build system.
When this get fixed, the foolproof script will look like this:

ki=/usr/src/linux-`uname -r`/include
[ -d $ki/config ] || ki=/opt/src/linux-`uname -r`/include
[ -d $ki/config ] || ki=/usr/src/linux/include
[ -d $ki/config ] || { echo "no kernel source found"; exit 1 }
make modules modinstall -f $ki/config/module.mk KINCLUDE=$ki

Olaf