Arcom Control Systems SBC-MediaGX

From: Lee Mitchell (lee@spamtastic.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 12:45:38 EST

Hi,
    I'm currently in the process of looking for an embedded pc board to
replace an existing control board manufactured by my company. The Arcom
SBC-MediaGX board ( www.arcomcontrols.com ) looks to me like it fits the
bill perfectly, and it even boasts of running linux in the literature. Has
anyone experience of running a fairly modern kernel on one of these boards ?

Will it run linux properly (support for ALL peripherals) or are they playing
buzzword bingo ??

I am particulaly interested in the usb support, and support for the on board
flash disk (comes with some sort of Datalight software).

Am i likely to run into major problems ?
I'm no kernel hacker but i'm determined to use linux rather than some other
"closed" os :-)

Thanks in advance...

Lee Mitchell
www.spamtastic.demon.co.uk