Re: XFS integration plans?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 14:50:33 EST

> But there are at least 4 log structured filesystems that are nearing
> completion and while I'm fairly certain that none of them will be ready
> for the 2.4.0 release are there plans to integrate one of them in to a
> 2.4.x release down the road?

What has happened historically is people have added them as patches or
vendors distributed them and the next non stable kernel they have been
added in a way that addresses the issues raised properly.

Right now we have xfs, ext3 and reiserfs cache extensions. Needless to say
for 2.5.x we want a single layer of this that fits each fs. Once that is
in the rest just drops into place