pcmcia cdrom gets lost interrupts

From: marvin@nss.nu
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:47:26 EST

I get a *lot* of lost interrupts from my pcmcia cdrom drive.

When I insert the card cardmngr notices it and insmods ide-cd.o. Then I
get "hdg: lost interrupt" now and then. When I do "mount /dev/hdg /mnt" I
get about 10-20 lost interrupts, then the message about media being ro,
then another 10-20 lost interrupts and then the drive is mounted.

How do I fix it?
(I'm not on the list, so I'd appreciate CCs or private replies)

Drive: Argosy Pcmcia Slim cdrom CD930
Computer: Compaq LTE 5280 with p133/48/1.3GB
Kernel: 2.3.99 pre3
Dist: debian 2.1 + .deb upgrades