Re: two hotplug issues

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 00:30:06 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
> In earlier kernels, the ioctl(DS_GET_DEVICE_INFO) for pcmcia NICs was
> returning "eth0" as the name in bind_info_t.name[]. In current kernels
> it is returning the driver name, as supplied by the driver in its
> pci_driver.name field - "3c575_cb", for example. This breaks David's
> pcmcia tools.
>
> What's the fix?

request_region and request_mem_region need to be passed the interface
name returned from init_etherdev.

Search for recent lkml messages from David Hinds containing 'hack' in
the message body :)

> When I run 'cardctl suspend', the card is successfully shut down, but I
> simply can't find a way of bringing it back to life. Also, the driver's
> pci_driver.suspend and pci_driver.resume methods are never called.

Debugging welcome :)

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.