Re: [linux-usb] RE: USB driver

From: Johannes Erdfelt (jerdfelt@sventech.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 11:00:05 EST

Unfortunately this wasn't the case with me. I wrote the original patch
to do this (which is the correct thing to do according the USB spec).

The problem I was having was the device I was using didn't like it
sending 8 byte requests when the maximum packet size of the pipe was
larger. The device thought it was a short read and then terminated the
transfer, or more specifically, barf when it saw the next IN since it
was expecting a status packet.

Trying to read more data than there is descriptor data should be safe
since the last packet will be treated as a short read and the connection
will end per the spec.

Atleast, Windows tries to read too much and it works.

JE