Re: PCMCIA init failure on 2.3.99

From: Guy Hutchison (ghutchis@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:23:38 EST

Wakko Warner wrote:

> Notice it says CardBus there. No, I don't believe it's 100% PCMCIA. (I
> didn't say it wouldn't support PCMCIA).

Okay, I failed to differentiate between PCMCIA and CardBus. So, yes, it is a CardBus
bridge, and the two cards I've been using to test it say "PC Card" on them, which (I
assume) means they are CardBus cards.

I know that the 02Micro chipset isn't the greatest piece of work around, but
unsoldering these new fine-pitch packages is quite a challenge. :)

Although, I'm not sure what the point is. I know the cards can talk to the chipset,
because they work under earlier kernel revs and That Other OS. The problem appears to
be that when they ask for memory space to map themselves into, the kernel claims
there's no free memory space anywhere in the machine.