Re: Disk Druid again

From: Richard Adams (pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 02:51:38 EST

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Razvan Sandu wrote about, Disk Druid again:
> Hello!
>
> Thanks to all folks that has given me clues about Disk Druid! But it seems
> I wasn't too clear when asking the initial question, so I'll reformulate
> it.

I answered your last 2 questions, and now having installed redhat 6.2 i
have a little more insight into this subject.

> 1. Is Disk Druid an independent program for partitioning disks (or just
> a menu interface for regular fdisk)?

It seems to be a simple front end for fdisk / cfdisk.

When installing 6.2 one has the option of choosing "fdisk" to define
partitions, i choose fdisk but i was then entered automaticly into disk
druid, what disk druid does is edit /etc/fstab for you and seeminly nothing
more, execpt present you with a nice fancy window over fdisk.

> 2. If yes, how it is the executable called and where is it located?

I belive it is a sript, (i have not looked) but considering the way it acts
i would say its a script.

> 3. Is it possible to run this program *after* Linux setup, as an
> independent tool, when needed?

No i dont think so, i could be wrong.
However why would you want to run it when all it does is cover up fdisk, you
yourself can edit /etc/fstab quite easialy.

> Details about fdisk or cfdisk won't be necessary - I'm already using these
> programs succesfully.

Then what is the need of disk druid.????

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl