gdb can break on __init function ?

From: Jun Sun (jsun@mvista.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 16:03:43 EST

I am using gdb/kdb to debug kernel through a serial line. It mostly
works. However I notice that I cannot break on any functions declared
as "__init". If I remove that declaration, everything is fine.

Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is some
trick which let me get around, or if that is simply the fact I have to
live with?

I am using gdb on i386/linux host, debugging linux on MIPS - if that
matters.

Thanks.

Jun