Re: LVM: Whats the secret ?

From: Michael Marxmeier (mike@msede.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 18:45:24 EST

bert hubert wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 11:21:21PM +0200, Andreas Steffan wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm am sure I'm missing something, here but I can't figure
> > out what.
> > I'm trying to get 2.3.99-pre3 built with LVM support, but I
> > can't find the LVM support when configuring the kernel. At
> > least not using make xconfig|menuconfig|config.
> > Grepping Configure.help yields
>
> See http://ds9a.nl/lvm-howto - there is a pointer two 2 patches
> in the HOWTO which should improve your situation greatly :-)
>
> Heinz, the LVM guy, has these patches but should submit them to the
> kernel people.

A few bits were lost when merging LVM into the main kernel line.
Patch is available at http://linux.msede.com/lvm.

Heinz has been submitting the patch to Linus and recently on LK
quite a few times now.

Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike@msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9