Re: Performance data...

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 18:10:14 EST

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 11:59:00AM -0700, Raj, Ashok wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > does anyone have a pointer to performance data for I/O and networking on
> > Linux Vs NT?
>
> www.mindcraft.com ?? ;<

After the (carefully tuned) Mindcraft test, which painfully
pointed out some weak points in early 2.2 kernels, Linux has
been improved quite a bit.

There is, however, a somewhat more balanced patch (stresses
the whole system, not just a few points) done by the German
magazine C'T. You should be able to find it on their site:
        http://www.heise.de/

(they have a section of the site in english too, so it can't
be -that- difficult...)

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.