Re: ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func only: 14

From: Jaromir Koutek (miri@punknet.cz)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 07:19:51 EST

> ftp://ftp.opti.com/pub/chipsets/system/misc/index.htm

The document, which I used for writing the driver, was PostScript file,
which I don't have yet, but I have an copy tranfered in plain text at:
ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/miri/OPTi82C621A/

There is "an part number" of the doc: Revision 1.1 912-3000-002 January,
1995, maybe this will help.

I don't have the add-on card (I sold it), but I might be able to get it
back; or I've seen broken motherboard with intergrated OPTi Viper chipset
here once.

Anyway, I have to say again about the purpose of the driver:
The driver in kernel has no more functionality than tuning PIO timings of
the drives, if you compile the kernel without it, it should work too (as
long as you don't have jumpered too fast timings directly on the board).
And I think the tunning is done automatically only if you have ide=autotune
or something similar in boot params.

--
Jaromir Koutek                            miri@punknet.cz