Re: umount2

From: Matthias Juchem (matthias@archimed.math.uni-mannheim.de)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 21:18:19 EST

Hi there.

I the same problem. /usr and /home seems to be busy, but there's no
process besides the basic ones in the lowest runlevel.

This behaviour first occured in 2.3.99-pre5, pre3 was ok, i.e. every was
umounted without problem.

Laterz,
 Matthias

-- -

[old mail]
I tried this procedure, the result was, the umount didn't succeed it
produced
three messages in row stating that /var, /usr and /home were busy, tried
the
`ps` this showed nothing but the processes which were supposed to be
respawned
 by init, I guess there is something with the logic of deciding is a
device
busy or not, I use standart RedHat 6.0 haven't modified the scripts too
much,
and definitely haven't played with the part about unmounting, btw this
problem
was absent at 2.3.99-pre3, and currently i am with pre5. I am not
following the
mailing list so if there is something i should read please send it
directly to
me.
[old mail end]