AMD Athlon / KX133 Support

From: John Anthony Kazos Jr. (jkazos@vt.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 21:50:13 EST

I apologize for the cross-post, but my question really does apply to
all three discussions. And I thank everyone for their assistance in
advance.

What is the status of Linux support for the following? Specifically,
are there any very important cases of incompatibility due to Intel's
contraction of the Microsoft Information Hiding Syndrome, or of other
hardware-specific issues?

AMD Athlon (K-7) Processors
Motherboards with VIA's KX133 Chipset
Slot-A Motherboards
Abit Motherboards
Abit's KA7 Motherboard

And are there any special Linux-specific issues to building a computer,
especially pesky Everyone Assumes I'm Running Windoze specializations?

And is there any weirdness I have to contend with from the use of the
following things? (Linux-related issues, of course; I have made sure
the motherboard itself supports everything I wish to do.)

PC133 ECC SDRAM
4x AGP
750+ MHz (even close to 1 GHz)
Anything else you can think of.