Re: devfs - why not ?

From: Aaron Sethman (androsyn@ratbox.org)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 23:42:06 EST

It seems to me that the largest issue that most people have with devfs is
namespace. Perhaps something that should be considered is a .h file that
keeps customized namespace stored in it. At least this way namespace
decisions won't be scattered through the kernel and not stuck in devfsd if
the user doesn't want to do that. Then at least you can do neat things
like CONFIG_DEVFS_OLD_STYLE_LAYOUT or CONFIG_DEVFS_NEW_STYLE_LAYOUT or for
the truly sick at heart CONFIG_DEVFS_I_LOVE_SOLARIS_AND_ITS_DEVICES_TREE.

Just an idea...If nobody wants to work on something like this, I might
have the time for it...

Aaron