Re: devfs - why not ?

From: david parsons (orc@pell.portland.or.us)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 01:02:30 EST

Alexander Viro wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2000, david parsons wrote:

> > >Inquiring minds are welcome to wait until
> > [In many words: ``no, I don't have a patch'']
>
> No. It's spelled ``list of the things that must be written before
> Richard's code will cease being a lovely way to crash the kernel''.

     Yes. You don't have a patch yet. So why spend the time beating
     on Richard when you have the choice of either (a) letting devfs
     blow up while you work on fixing structural flaws, (b) letting
     devfs blow up while you work on something else, (c) letting devfs
     blow up and letting Richard hoist himself on his own petard?

     You're not a BOFH, and I may not be the only one who thinks that
     you're making yourself look like an idiot tilting at the thousands
     of windmills that offend you.
                   ____
     david parsons \bi/ better living through diplomacy.
                    \/