Re: Smart, Inc. 4mb flash card . have to manually insmod memory_cs .

From: Eugene Crosser (crosser@average.org)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 05:09:51 EST

In article <20000414232237.B23970@valinux.com>,
        David Hinds <dhinds@valinux.com> writes:

>> cardmgr[61]: unsupported card in socket 0
>> cardmgr[61]: product info: "SMART Modular Technologies", " 4MB FLASH Card "
>
> Strange. The card must not be identifying itself as a memory card.
>
> You will need to edit /etc/pcmcia/config and add an entry for this
> card using these ID strings, to indicate that the memory_cs driver
> should be loaded.
>
> (or if it turns out that this really is an IDE device, ide_cs)

Just FYI:
I have a SmartMedia-to-PCMCIA adapter (Delkin Devices) that presents
SSFDC card as a partition of an IDE disk. Most of the time it works
right (cardmgr loads ide_cs), but several times it thought that it
is a memory card and loaded memory_cs. Just reinserting the card
fixed this.

(PCMCIA IDE still have big problems if IDE driver is compiled as a
module and is not loaded prior to inserting the card, but this is
another story...)

Eugene