Re: Mylex AcceleRAID 250 dropped dead [2.2.14]

From: Detlef Struessmann (detlef.struessmann@hs-bielefeld.eriks.de)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 05:46:12 EST

Christian Robottom Reis (kiko@radiumsystems.com.br) wrote:
> The setup was a bit flaky to start off with, but the firmware switch and
> the driver upgrade seemed to solve the stability problems, and I've run it
> up to 100% for hours per day on benchmarks, kernel compiles, and
> apachebenches.
>
> The RAID has just gone dead this morning. The system had been idle for a
> while, though it was rebooted twice about an hour before syslogd died and
> nothing worked anymore.

I have a similiar problem.

My dac1164p with 3 Seagate ST39175LC is stable under (heavy) load
with driver 2.2.5 and linux 2.2.13.

If the system is idle, drive 0 goes dead. After one minute, the
driver starts the rebuild and the array is ok again after
20 Minutes. This occurs 1 time a week.

I have changed the disk and the cable, the problem
occurs only on drive 0.

Any suggestions?

detlef

--

Heusinger + Salmon GmbH Broenninghauser Str.38 Postfach 160165 Fon: +49 521 9399-0 33729 Bielefeld 33721 Bielefeld Fax: +49 521 9399-49