Re: About kernel module programming

From: nocturnu@dds.nl
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 09:01:38 EST

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, George Anzinger wrote:

> I don't know about register_tcf_proto_ops() but find_task_by_pid(pid)
> should be available by just including sched.h. On the other hand, it
> is an inline function, so you will get the WHOLE thing, not a simple
> call...

Compiling now works, but inserting it into the kernel gives a problem.

# insmod /home/orion/script/kernel/taskproc/taskproc.o
/home/orion/script/kernel/taskproc/taskproc.o: unresolved symbol pidhash

# grep pidhash /boot/System.map
c02551e0 B pidhash

It exists, but still can't be found for some reason.

W.J.