[HELP] Ethernet frame redirector

From: ¼B¾JÂ (cfliu@csie.nctu.edu.tw)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 20:32:01 EST

Hi,
    I am a newbie in Linux kernel programming. I am wondering if any of you could tell me how to make an ethernet frame "redirector" as a kernel module....What I wish to do is simple:
    "Receive an ethernet frame, analyze it, and resend it from the SAME card with another MAC address. No IP layer and above routines invloved."
I wish it is device independent, but I really have no idea where should I start from the linux kernel source tree. Could any of you be so kind to tell me where to start? Any reference hints are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely yours,
David.