Re: Is a root software RAID possible on the Alpha ?

From: Allen Unueco (allen@premierweb.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 03:26:58 EST

> Is this an impossible task, why ?

I have my Alpha at work setup with a RAID-0 root filesystem.

What version of the kernel are you running? I was using
the whatever came with Mandrake 7.0 (2.2.14mdk I think) and
2.3.99-pre5 (had to hack md.c to get it to compile with md)

2.3.99-pre5 didn't seem to want to autostart the md on startup
without having to use a "md=..." argument to the kernel.

I did the same "install and copy to RAID" technique you described.

Works for me. What happens on boot for you?

-Allen
allen@premierweb.com