440MX getting closer

From: Bernard Sebastien (sebastien.bernard@cegetel.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 08:20:35 EST

Maybe I'm not talking to the right place for those kind of informations. If
not, could you tell me where should I head to ?

I'm still trying to use the 440MX on a NEC versa note 2000.
I've been able to check the ACPI tables. They are OK - acpidmp gives me the
correct answers-.
Now I've narrowed the problem to enabling ACPI irq.
All ACPI tables are found. The kernel freeze somewhere in the irq_enable
function.
It tries to enable the irq 9 which looks suspicious to me, but after
checking my ASUS board, I think it's OK (same IRQ too).
Now, could someone explain me how could the irq_enable "hang" the machine
like that ?

I think it's APM related, whenever the kernel tried to do something related
to "power saving" the machine locks.

Is there any magic to do with that chipset ?
The datasheet says that 440MX is a fusion between north bridge and south
bridge and that it is basicaly a PIIX.
Maybe there is some work to do about PIIX (which is recognized by IRQ router
but not by the other checks).

        Seb