Re: [Fix-2.2.15] maestro.c and traps.c

From: willy tarreau (wtarreau@yahoo.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 08:52:14 EST

> Instead of doing your own patch and making yet
> another special case for
> ksymoops to handle, why not extract the 2.3.42
> changes to traps.c and
> back port them to 2.2? That code is working fine on
> 2.3 kernels and
> ksymoops already handles the special message.

Yes, that's just what Manfred Spraule suggested to me
a few days ago. The only reason is that when I did
this
really little patch, I didn't know there were changes
in 2.3, and wrote it in a hurry to avoid loops I
encountered when my code panic'ed.

If I can get some spare time, I'll backport them from
2.3 and submit the changes to Alan for 2.2.16.

Willy