Re: FunKey: Discussion topic

From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd@Op.Net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 12:15:57 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

>> >I think that is a good thing. Because these keys have been reassigned
>> >intentionally to do other magic.
>>
>> Says who ? Does the label that says "www" or "play" have more magic
>> than one that says "caps locks" ?
>
>Because the user loaded a keyboard table that said the button was magic. You
>can do that with capslock if you want, perhaps you prefer capslock to
>stop/start your music, or to play a little tune. I dont know, but you can do
>it 8)

If the proposed solution would allow this, then that seems fine for
console mode operation. However, my impression (without reading the
source) was the it would not allow you to reroute "regular" keys
through /dev/2DamnFunky. If it will, fine.

I still feel that the X solution should go via the regular X
mechanisms for key remapping. More in another message.

--p