2.3.99pre4/5 broke USB mouse for me...

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 19:44:19 EST

Hmmm...

        Subject pretty much says it all. I'm running 2.3.99pre3
successfully. 2.3.99pre4 caught fire and burned right off the pad.
2.3.99pre5 X failed to come up. Booted into run level 3 and discovered
that nothing could open the mouse (no such dev) which was a link to
usbmouse0 on major 10 minor 32. Also tried major 13 minor 32 (input
device - mouse0) according to .../linux/Documentation/usb/input.txt and
was able to open the device file but got nothing from the mouse itself.
The mousedev driver is loaded and /proc/bus/usb/devices shows that the
USB subsystem recognized the Logitech mouse and the driver for it. But
nothing happens. Go back to 2.3.99pre3 and everything is fine.
2.3.99pre5 and the mouse is toast.

        Did something wicked this way come that I missed? Was something
changed or just broken?

        Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com