Re: -fno-strict-aliasing

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 10:49:34 EST

Robert Dinse <nanook@eskimo.com> writes:

> Can anybody tell me what the gcc flag "-fno-strict-aliasing" does?
> It's used by default on kernel builts but not documented in the gcc man page.
> I'm curious how many other flags exist that also aren't documented, or if there
> is some place these are actually documented?

% man gcc
GCC(1) GNU Tools GCC(1)

NAME
       gcc, g++ - GNU project C and C++ Compiler (gcc-2.95)

[...]

WARNING
       The information in this man page is an extract from the
       full documentation of the GNU C compiler, and is limited
       to the meaning of the options.

       This man page is not kept up to date except when volun­
       teers want to maintain it. If you find a discrepancy
       between the man page and the software, please check the
       Info file, which is the authoritative documentation.

It is documented there.

-Andi